Citronella Java Essential Oil
Citronella Java exudes a vibrant and uplifting scent similar to lemon and is often confused for Lemongrass, as they share a similar look, growth, and processing method. The two plants are cousins, as they belong to the same plant family – the Cymbopogon family, which we commonly refer to as Lemongrass. One of the easiest ways to tell them apart is to look at their pseudostems, Lemongrass has off-white pseudostems, and the Citronella plants are reddish in colour.
For centuries, Citronella Oil has acted as a natural medicinal remedy and a food ingredient in China, Sri Lanka, and Indonesia. Traditionally it is used as a flavouring agent in culinary applications, a soothing agent for pain, infections, rashes, inflammation, a non-toxic insect-repelling agent and a natural and fragrant household cleaning agent. It is also an ingredient in perfumery, soaps, detergents, scented candles, and cosmetic products. Citronella Oil continues to be highly respected for its cleansing, disinfecting and freshening properties.
Benefits & Uses
- Citronella Java makes for an excellent natural insect repellent.
- It can balance oil production on the face and scalp, thus benefitting those with oily hair and acne.
- Has diuretic, sedative, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antifungal and detoxifying properties
- Cleansing, anti-microbial effects make it ideal for natural deodorants, air fresheners, and hair and body cleansers.
- It has qualities that promote skin and hair health by facilitating moisture absorption, healing infections, and protecting against pollutants.
- It has a calming effect that promotes a positive mood with enhanced focus and mental clarity.