Geranium Essential Oil
Pelargoniums, commonly called geraniums, shouldn't be confused with the European genus Geranium. The name Pelargoniums is a Greek word that derives from Palargos, meaning "stork". The beak-like fruits originated from South Africa and were first officially recorded in Europe in 1690; they are now a popular and widespread garden plant in frost-free areas. Only a few of their 200 species are cultivated for the production of geranium essential oil. The primary flower cultivation and production regions are Reunion, Madagascar, Egypt, and most other North African countries. Climate and soil are crucial factors in the quality of the plant and the essential oil.
This oil was a complete mystery until the work by Recluz, the chemist responsible for the first distillation of the leaves in 1819. Later, a chemist and botanist called Demarson made a study in Paris that identified the top varieties to yield essential oil production. Rose Geranium began in France in 1847. These researches led to the introduction of Geranium oil to therapy.
Benefits & Uses
- It is known for its dermatological use for the treatment of ageing, wrinkled and dry skin.
- Geranium may help with any muscle cramps, aches and pains.
- It has strong antibacterial and antifungal abilities, which can help to protect your body from infection.
- A urination increase means fewer toxins in the body, and as Geranium oil is a diuretic, it will promote urination.
- Because Geranium is a circulatory oil and has antibacterial properties, it aids in eliminating bodily odours and can be the perfect natural deodorant.
- As it's packed with antibacterial and soothing anti-inflammatory properties, geranium oil can boost skin health.
- The floral scent of Geranium oil calms and relaxes both body and mind. It is known to help people who suffer from depression and anxiety.
- Geranium oil is commonly used as a bug repellant since it's known to keep mosquitoes and other insects away.
Geranium Egypt Essential Oil
Rose Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium Bourbon Essential Oil
Geranium Essential Oil (Organic)
Geranium Leaf Absolute Oil
Geranium Fragrance Oil
Rose Geranium Fragrance Oil
Leave a comment