Fir Needle Essential Oil
Fir Needle Siberian essential oil, also known as Abies sibirica, is a coniferous evergreen. It is known for its balsamic and woody notes and is a relatively inexpensive ingredient. It is produced from the Pinus type of tree that grows in vast areas of Russia, where it is processed and distilled. Other large producers of fir needle essential oil include France, Germany and Bulgaria, most likely due to their extensive forested areas.
All the good stuff comes from within the needles. The essential oil is produced through steam distillation. Once the oil is extracted, it can be used in several situations due to its perceived health benefits. Some of these benefits include use as an antiseptic, pain relief and detoxifying the body. Here's a little bit of history for you, Native Americans used fir needles for padding pillows for peaceful sleep and as a sudatory for women after childbirth.
Benefits & Uses
- It helps to relieve joint pain and arthritis.
- It helps to treat bronchitis and sinusitis.
- It acts as a stimulant to boost your metabolism.
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial make it effective against infections.
- It can help to soothe rheumatic symptoms.
- It can help reduce feelings of fatigue.
- Excellent at relieving respiratory issues.
- It can protect the skin from free radical damage.
Fir Needle Siberian (EO)
Fir Needle (FO)
Leave a comment