Clary Sage derives from the Salvia Sclarea herb, which is native to Italy, Southern France and Syria. Clary Sage oils name comes from the Latin word "clarus", meaning "cleansing" or "clarifying." Historically, the seeds of this plant were believed to contribute to eye health and improve vision.
Clary Sage Essential Oil is now used in natural cosmetics due to its ability to soothe skin. It was known to address female hormone-related complaints in medicinal applications, such as nervous tension and negative emotions.
Benefits & Uses
- Its nervine and anti-inflammatory properties promote restful sleep and soothe headaches.
- Its uplifting qualities enhance the mood to improve self-esteem and mental strength and stimulate libido in both men and women.
- Its anti-spasmodic properties help relieve the convulsive discomforts associated with improper digestion, stomach aches and muscle cramps.
- Clary Sage exhibits a cooling property that soothes skin afflicted with inflammation and calms rashes.
- Its balancing property stabilises the production of natural oil and sebum to prevent acne breakouts.
- Clary Sage Essential Oil works to eliminate or prevent the spread of harmful bacteria that can promote the development of fungal infections.
- When applied to wounds, bruises, burns, and irritations, it is known to prevent them from becoming septic, thereby facilitating the healing process.
- Its anti-inflammatory and stimulating properties make it beneficial to address muscle aches, joint pain, strains, and sprains.